Monday, November 23, 2009

New Testing / Kim's Birthday

Today Mom and Kim spent much of Kim's birthday visiting various doctors.  The neurologist wants to do repeat MRI's of her brain and cervical spine.  Apparently the one she had done here were not extensive enough and the radiologist wants too see more.  These tests will be done tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday. Please pray for her during these tests. She has to lay perfectly still during them and it's very hard for her to do and can be painful for her as well. She usually comes out of them feeling very stiff because she had to be still for so long. And they are two separate tests.

She also saw a couple of rehabilitation doctors that were both female and they both agreed that her spasms and muscle contractions and now jerking are being caused by her brain and spinal cord not signaling each other properly.  They said that with medication and physical therapy similar to what a stroke victim would go through, she would get better.  That is if she doesn't need surgery. They also said that there is possibly a place here in Houston where she could get the therapy.

A neurosurgeon will review her files and records and history and determine if she needs any type of surgery. She will only see the neurosurgeon if that doctor wants to see her or feels she needs surgery.

The neurologist said he would not let her leave without some kind of help. That was encouraging.

Mom asked us to pray for supernatural wisdom for the radiologist reviewing the MRI results and for the neurosurgeon that will look at her case. Pray that God would guide them to a diagnosis, because there still isn't one.  Pray that God would open their eyes to see what other doctors have not yet seen and for whatever is causing all of this to reveal itself during the testing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!  (a.k.a. Granddaddy) We love you and miss you both terribly!

Feel free to leave your own message in the comment section below. Mom and Kim both check the blog everyday and would love to hear from you! (PS: don't forget to wish the old man a Happy Birthday!)

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Kim! Wish you were here and we could celebrate with you! Anne, we are praying for you and for the doctors as well. May God continue to fill you with His peace and supernatural healing. Love from Heath, Sarah, Caleb and Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear they are being so thorough. That is great news that they think she can receive therapy here! We will be praying for the tests tomorrow. Keep trusting and resting in the Lord ~ I am thanking God that although we are uncertain of the outcome ~ HE is not ~ HE is in control of this! God has a purpose for this painful trial you are going through.
    We love you tons!! Happy Birthday again Kim!
    The Rippy's
    Thank you Stacy for such great updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim and Anne,

    You are constantly in my mind, on my heart, and in my prayers. I am keeping the Prayer Room at Second updated. So many people are praying for you. I hate that you are having so much pain, frustration, and anguish, but I KNOW that GOD IS FAITHFUL! HE loves you so much, Anne!! I pray that you are feeling HIS presence carry you through this difficult time. You are touching peoples lives all around you...don't ever forget it. I love you! Get Well soon! I need some new window treatments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne and Kim,
    You seem so far away. I know this must be the hardest thing you have had to do. I am praying that you will not lose heart, that the doctors will unite and have wisdom and that this will bring you closer together. I am so glad that God is in control even when it seems so far away from us. He is everywhere and I pray that you will feel his presence today. I love you both and hope the birthday boy had a good one! Much love, jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne,
    I am praying for strength and endurance for you and for wisdom, clarity and insight for the doctors. Praise God that He is in control of the outcome! He is working on your behalf! He is going before you! I pray also for restful sleep and renewed energy as you face each day.
    much love - Cari

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Diane VanZandt:
    I pray for you each and everyday. I wear you on my heart. I want you to know that we are praying for the correct answer and that you will gain your health back. I believe that you will. Please know that you are not alone. I know that you must feel so alone at times. There are so many of us praying for you that we fill the heavens on your behalf. You are so not alone. I do not understand any of this. It stinks and I hate it for you. I HATE this for you. God is still good, and I know that there is a reason for this--just do not know what it is. I love you and will hold you close this Thanksgiving. God is near. I love you both, DVZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anne,

    I am so sorry I missed talking to you before you left for the Mayo Clinic. But I have been praying for you and hoping for a diagnosis with treatment plan. I know you trust God and are leaning on Him for strength and endurance. He WILL see you through this and answer your prayers. His timing and plan may not be the same as ours, but He is faithful in His care and love for you.

    Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. God is with you, sweet Anne.

    Much love, Pam Tarkington

    ReplyDelete