Monday, November 16, 2009

The First Email I sent out

I'm writing to you tonight because I need your help. Most of you have been keeping tabs on what's going on with my mother via Facebook, but some of you don't know anything and a lot of you haven't heard from me in months. So let me fill you in....

My mother, Anne Quinn, is very ill. So ill that she feels like she is dying. She is in constant pain from her muscles contracting constantly all day and all night. Some of her muscles are hard as rocks. At this point, this week, she cannot really get out of bed. Every week, her symptoms change and/or she gets worse.

Back in April, her shoulder was hurting but she didn't think anything of it. Then she injured her neck and went to the doctor and he prescribed therapy. Somehow, the therapy made everything worse, so she had a cervical steroid injection in her neck to reduce the swelling. That was the middle of July.  From there, she just got worse every week. Every doctor she's been to has said something different. One says she needs neck surgery, one says 'Don't let anyone operate on your neck'. One says she has this disease, one says she has that disease and one says she doesn't have anything wrong with her, that it's all in her head.  One doctor even told her to quit calling her because she was crazy and wouldn't help her anymore. Can you believe that?  The treatments she's gotten haven't helped and the pain is unbearable at times. If she gets any relief from the pain, she's happy.

My mom is not a depressive person, she's very happy and loves her life. Most of you know her personally. But can you imagine what getting 5-6 different diagnosis's is doing to her? 

I'm crying as I type this because I don't know what to do for her. I realized earlier that when my uncle Stan was sick with cancer, I sent out a mass email right away (i didn't have Facebook  then). But with my mom, I didn't.  I don't know why. The point is that she needs prayer. Lots of prayer.

We have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic on December 7th. Please pray that she makes it to this appt. because she really does feel like she's dying and it's scary.

Here are some other things that you can pray for:

Please pray for her complete healing.
For the right diagnosis and the right treatment
For the meds she's taking now, to be affective and give her relief from the pain and muscle spasms/stiffening
For her (and us) to not lose hope, but to remain focused on God and giving him the glory in the midst of this storm

And for myself and Kim who are taking care of her. That God would hold us up and keep us strong for her.

Thank you,
Stacy
PS: as of now, I'm trying to keep my personal blog updated with progress, but there really isn't that much to report. Every week it's different, but the same. We know nothing. But you can check it if you want periodically. She's asked me not to post updates on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment