Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update 10/20/10

Hi,
Sorry I don't update very often anymore. Please feel free to email me at anytime if you want to know how Mom is doing. I keep my cell phone with me at all times and I can receive emails on it, so you won't have to wait very long for a reply. My email address is: purplestacy@mac.com

Mom is doing well after her surgery. She had run out of therapy visits back in the Spring, but just recently discovered that they had given her 16 more, which was such a blessing from God because the insurance company apparently NEVER gives more than the allowed visits.

She still struggles with the pain cycle at times. And some days are better than others. She can drive and do some decorating work, but she has to limit herself because when she gets tired the symptoms come back.

Her shoulder is doing well, but she still has 3-4 months of recovery mainly because of the pain cycle. The more therapy she does, the more symptoms she has so she has to go slower with that. She is doing water therapy which is much better on her shoulder than regular PT.

She also does have scarring on her spinal cord (don't remember if I've mentioned that before) that is permanent and may always cause her problems. The MRI before the shoulder surgery showed that her neck is worse than it was earlier in the year, but we won't know the extent of this until the shoulder completely heals.

Thank you again for hanging in there with us through this process and for all of your prayers. Mom is constantly telling me that if you all weren't praying for her she doesn't know how she would make it through the days and weeks ahead.

So thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your continued prayers and for asking about her when you see me somewhere. It means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment