Monday, December 7, 2009

Therapy

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy and there wasn't really much to report.

Mom continues to be in horrendous pain. She has good and bad days. She is much worse in the evenings and better in the late morning and afternoons. I do think the medicine is starting to help some. She would probably disagree, but I can hear it in her voice. I've tried encouraging her to listen to Christmas music to help get her mind off of it and on to the birth of the Savior. 

Today she starts day 1 of a ten day electrical stimulation therapy.  We're not exactly sure what this will do, but the physical therapist at Mayo said that it wouldn't hurt Mom and to let her know how it went. It may or may not help.  We'll have to wait and see.

She would love to hear from you that know her personally or if you just want to call her and tell her you're praying for her. She is in so much pain that it doesn't cross her mind to all people. But feel free to call her. If you want her number let me know.


She will hopefully be starting regular physical therapy the week before Christmas, if she's up for it. But I'm thinking it will be more like January.  She will need help getting to and from the PT, so if you would like to help, please let me know.


We appreciate your prayers! and love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    My name is Corrine, I am a friend of your sweet daughter, Stacy, from church. I am so sorry to hear about your battle with pain. I am though very hopeful that God will hear our prayers and bring you peace and comfort during this time. Please know you are covered daily with my prayers.

    God's Blessings,
    Corrine Vickery
    Harvest Bible Chapel

    Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
    Psalm 55:22

    For great is His love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
    Psalm 117:1-2

    The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trust in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

    Psalm 28:7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,
    Thank you soooo much for sending me the link to this blog today. I've been wondering how you are feeling and concerned about your health. Before I chat anymore, I have to stop and say...

    Dear Stacy,
    Thank you for creating this blog. It's beautiful. The colors and style are "so Anne". And you have a gift for writing. I've never met you so I don't know what your day is like, but keep writing.

    Anne,
    I love the photo of you and Kim and I'm missing chats with you about design, cooking and everything. I promise to email you with some details so I don't take up all the blog space.

    I am praying that your electrical stimulation did something for improvement. And the meds are helping more this week. When you look back at all you are experiencing, I hope you feel improvement today.

    ReplyDelete